My experience is in project management, communications, writing, social media, web design, and video production. I’m interested in making things run efficiently, designing strategies, and engaging workforces.
Manager of Digital Communications
The University of Chicago Law School
May 2021 – present | Chicago, Ill.
- Ensure the Law School’s digital accessibility compliance with WCAG 2.1 Level AA.
- Edit audio and video for web and social media.
- Monitor and curate content for Law School’s official social media presences
- Collaborate with director of content on tools and strategies for digital storytelling.
- Coordinate upgrades, design and technical changes to existing web presence.
- Conceive, plan and promote functionality changes and upgrades, including working with vendors in the bidding, development and implementation of new designs, functionality and technical upgrade.
Center for Digital Innovation in Learning, Boston College
June 2020 – May 2021 | Chicago, Ill.
- Project managed development and launch of 90 online courses for three terms.
- Managed 11 teams of learning designers, media producers, librarians, and LMS developers consulting 75 faculty members building online courses following industry best practices.
- Developed project timelines and milestones to ensure courses are completed prior to start of term.
GW Libraries and Academic Innovation
September 2019 – July 2020 | Chicago, Ill.
- Developed and executed strategy to meet international web content accessibility guidelines, identifying issues, researching solutions, managing agile sprints and training non-technical staff on best practices.
- Managed the launch of The ISIS Files repository, coordinating a cross-functional team to develop a workflow, ensure initial tranche of documents met all requirements, and communicate shared expectations.
- Managed agile web development projects, translating business needs into technical requirements, scheduling sprint cycles and tracking progress.
Senior Communications Associate
March 2017 – September 2019 | Washington, D.C.
- Developed streamlined information portal, leveraging existing relationships and building new ones to gain buy-in and execute on an extremely tight timeline.
- Leveraged strategies for developing collateral, marketing materials, website copy and design, social media campaigns, email blasts, op-eds and media responses to increase awareness of services and resources among varied constituencies.
- Equipped staff with talking points and other materials to represent our organization at events.
- Developed week of programming, contacting and scheduling subject matter specialists and marketing and promoting events.
- Provided editorial support and developed stories for annual print publication sent to 13,000+ alumni and donors.
- Developed and executed change management plans to inform and train target audiences of major upgrade to library catalog system, leveraging multiple channels.
- Engaged workforces with internal communication on behalf of dean and senior leadership team, including weekly newsletter to 150+ staff members and regular events to simultaneously deliver information and create opportunities for collaboration.
- Created training materials and conducted tutorials for 100+ staff to self manage and independently update web content.
- Leveraged and crafted formal and informal channels during major reorganization to influence and engage staff, refining and communicating cohesive organization brand.
- Led and facilitated communication between web architects, designers and non-technical staff to redesign current sites and, through the content management system, maintained and updated content to keep sites dynamic.
- Developed strategies for improving technology products, crafting and conducting usability testing scenarios and providing implementation recommendations.
- Managed two student interns, providing oversight, managing priorities and creating professional development opportunities.
Academic Technologies at the George Washington University
Web & Multimedia Specialist
August 2015 – March 2017 | Washington, D.C.
- Executed internal communications program, writing, editing and disseminating quarterly newsletter and organizing and planning staff development events.
- Managed 50+ communications team projects through project lifecycle: assessing project risks, devising plans and timelines, tracking tasks and progress, facilitating regular communication and check-ins for 3-6 person teams and interfacing with clients.
- Researched, drafted and edited content to leverage senior executive for thought leadership, including publishing an article in a trade journal.
- Scripted, storyboarded, filmed and edited multiple videos for tutorials, orientation and promotion.
- Designed and produced collateral, including digital signs, posters, brochures and newsletters.
- Managed part-time graphic designer, web developer, programmer, and communications assistant after departure of director of communications; finalized fiscal year 2017 communications budget, identifying cost-savings measures to align with budget reductions.
Web Communications Assistant
October 2011 – August 2015 | Washington, D.C.
As a student employee in the Academic Technologies department:
- Created documentation for faculty on how to use the AV systems in managed classrooms and served as a voice for the customer to the AV engineers designing the systems; recognized by Association for Computing Machinery for digital method of delivering guides.
- Designed graphic user interfaces for control panels to replace a variety of interfaces, developing a unified design and streamlining support.
- Developed and executed communications and marketing campaigns for the launch of a new program, including kiosk designs and building and designing a website.
- Managed Twitter accounts for department and senior leader, increasing followers by nearly 300% over 3 years.
STEP, LLC | May 2017 – present
- Created logo and branding
- Designed and built WordPress website for client
AlignedWorks | May 2017 – August 2018
Incubator linking social good ventures with investors of time, skill, and capital.
- Counseled executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and subject matter experts regarding product development, communication plans, and messaging priorities.
Breadcoin | November 2017 – July 2018
Non-profit providing start-up capital to food vendors in exchange for tokens redeemed by food-insecure populations.
- Formed strategic partnerships and manage influencers to drive engagement.
Intelligent Water | June 2017 – September 2017
Development start-up providing remote monitoring of water pump performance.
- Ideated and delivered branding, including logo design for venture.
- Designed and built WordPress website, allowing executives to attract investment.
SPIN Global | October 2015 – June 2017
Disaster management and emergency preparedness consultancy.
- Designed, built, and maintained WordPress website to win new work and launch proprietary tool in industry.
North Head | May 2013 – July 2014 | Beijing, China
- Developed press releases and targeted client assessments for high-level audiences.
Olson Memorial Clinic | August 2007 – August 2011
- Conducted computer systems transfer and staff training.
- Assisted customer relations.
- Managed confidential records.